Check out all the details on our contest and special exhibits, which will be displaying stunning, hand-painted and custom made models and replica props during the vendor show.
Access to the Jerseyfest Model & Art Contest and Exhibits will be included with the price of admission to the vendor show on Saturday, September 23th and Sunday September 24th. The big room will be open for display between 12:00am and approximately 4:00pm on Saturday and between 10:00AM and approximately 2:00PM on Sunday. Attendees will also have the option to submit pieces for display only (i.e., not competing for awards and prizes).
IMPORTANT: Although the model contest and exhibit runs from Saturday to Sunday, anyone who submits a piece will have the option of checking it out either Saturday or Sunday. However you will only be eligible to win an award if your entry is left overnight in the contest room. All judging happens after the show ends on Saturday. Your pieces will qualify for a Gold, Silver or Bronze and will be awarded on Sunday during the award ceremony. See more details below.
The types and scales of the pieces will vary and include figures or busts (ranging from miniature to life-sized), vehicles, mechs, replica props, steampunk, etc. that celebrate fiction. We anticipate having a huge amount of pieces on display just like our last show, which will feature the works of many of the most talented and renowned artists in the hobby including writers from Amazing Figure Modeler Magazine, Kitbuilders Magazine, etc. and various hobby web sites. We’ll also be displaying fantastic spaceships and mechs models from numerous professional, vehicle building artists.
What You Can Expect to See
- Classic horror monsters such as Frankenstein, The Wolfman, Dracula and The Creature from the Black Lagoon.
- Modern horror such as Pumpkinhead, Jason, Freddy and many others
- Comic book favorites such as The X-Men, Spider-Man, Batman, The Fantastic Four, The Avengers, The Hulk, etc.
- Science Fiction and fantasy space ships/vehicles, mechs and anime.
- Vintage monsters such as Godzilla, Predators and Aliens.
- Models from blockbuster science fiction and fantasy movies and T.V. shows such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Planet of the Apes, Star Trek, etc.
- Incredibly accurate replica props from memorable movies and TV shows.
The contest entries will be judged by professional model painters, builders, magazine writers, and movie FX legends.
It is acceptable for attendees to submit their buildup kit(s) or replica props for the exhibit and request that they NOT be included in the contest, but the submissions still must be registered at the contest “check in” desk. The cost for submitting pieces in either the exhibit or contest is $5 for up to 3 entries. After that it is an additional $5.00 for every three entries. For example: if you have 3 entries it is $5.00 and if you have 4 entries it will be $10. 6 entries will also be $10.
The themes for the contest entries are movies, TV, comic books, video games, and fiction in general. This includes figures, busts, vehicles, mechs, dioramas, “one of a kind” pieces and replica props, which can be monsters, superheros/villains, sc-fi, fantasy, anime, gundam, etc.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be given for selected entries as decided by the judges (i.e., “open judging system”). There are no categories for these awards and no competing between modelers.
In addition, the “Special Awards” described below will be categorized and competed for. When a contest entry is submitted at the “check in” table, the categories will be assigned at that time.
Obtaining Contest Forms & Dropping Off Pieces
- Attendees may pick up and begin to complete entry forms for the Model & Art Contest & Exhibits on Friday night, September 22th, at the Jerseyfest check in table between 7:00PM and 9:00PM, which will save them time on Saturday. However, they will not be able to drop off their pieces and the contest forms until Saturday between 9:00AM and 1:00 PM in the contest room.
Saturday & Sunday
- Submissions for either the contest or exhibits can be dropped off between 9:00am and 1:00pm on Saturday only in the Contest/Exhibit room. Strict security will be in place to protect your pieces. All judging is done Saturday night so while you can still enter your model kits for display and for people to admire they are not eligible to be judged.
- Saturday & Sunday
- In order to qualify for awards, entries for the contest or exhibits may be picked up Sunday only be after the awards ceremony. The ceremony is occurring on Sunday at around 3:30pm and will last approximately one hour.
- When submitting pieces for the contest or exhibit, you will have the following 2 options:
- Opton 1: Pick up your pieces at the end of the day on Saturday at 5:00pm (not earlier) but you are not eligible to win any awards.
- Option 2: Leave your pieces over night on Saturday and pick them up after the awards ceremony (not earlier), which is occurring at about 3:30pm on Sunday and will last approximately one hour. With this option you will be entitled to not only win Gold, Silver or Bronze Awards, but also the “Special Awards” that include trophies, plaques and kit prizes. We will have 24 hour Jerseyfest security on site to guard the contest room.
Contest Awards Ceremony
Saul Alvarez and other special guests will be presenting contest awards during the Contest Ceremony, which will include trophies, plaques, kit prizes and certificates. The Ceremony will take place in a large conference room at approximately 3:30pm on Sunday. See section above for information on when you may submit and pick up your pieces and requirements for being entitled to the awards and prizes. You can pick up your pieces shortly after the ceremony. Only individuals who leave their submissions in the contest room up until the ceremony will qualify for the Special Awards described below. Strict controls will be enforced to ensure that only you can retrieve your pieces.
In addition to the Gold, Bronze and Silver medals, Jerseyfest trophies, plaques and prizes will also be awarded for the top entries as decided by the judges. Modelers will compete for these awards. See details below.
Award Trophies & Plaques for 2019
Acrylic Plaque Awards 2019
Olympic style awards for 2019
• Jerseyfest Gold, Silver & Bronze Awards – all entries qualify
The Rare and Coveted Resin Maniacs members choice award.
On top of everything else, fantastic prizes will also be awarded to winners as described below.
Stan Winston School Prizes for Best Buildup of a Monster Kit Figure or Bust
- 1st Place: An all-access 1 year subscription to Stan Winston School, includes unlimited access to our on-demand webcourses by The Masters of FX, with new webcourses added every month. Also includes exclusive access Stan Winston Studio Behind-the-Scenes Documentary stream.
- 2nd Place: A 3 Month subscription to Stan Winston School, including full access to the entire on-demand webcourse library. Also, exclusive access Stan Winston Studio Behind-the-Scenes Documentary stream.
- 3rd Place: A 1 month subscription to Stan Winston School, including full access to the entire on-demand webcourse library. Also, exclusive access Stan Winston Studio Behind-the-Scenes Documentary stream.
We will Secure Your Items
The exhibit/contest tables will be watched, controlled and secured by guards including overnight. There will be strict controls in place for checking buildups in and out.
Drop Off and Pick Up Requirements
To be announced.
If your kit has nudity please make sure it is tasteful, no graphic nudity. An award will only be given to a person if they are the artist who painted the kit submitted in the contest and are present at the show.
As described above, the Jerseyfest team is taking measures to secure and control any items submitted for the exhibit and contest. We have a great deal of respect for your property and fine art. However, we cannot “guarantee” their safety, so you will be submitting items at your own risk. By submitting any items in the Exhibit, you will thereby be agreeing that Jerseyfest Model Kit & Statue Fair LLC, including its members and support team, are not liable for any lost, damaged or stolen items.
Thank You Sponsors
A big thank you to all the great people and companies who are donating or contributing to prizes and awards for Jerseyfest 2018 and helping to make the show special.
- Blackheart Enterprises
- Eric Zundel
- Forbidden Zone
- Good Fellas resin
- Mike Salzo
- Morland Studios
- Resin Realities / John Diaz
- Round 2 Models
- Sideshow Collectibles
- Silver Screen Classics
- Smooth On
- Stan Winston School
- Weta Collectibles
We apologize in advance if we accidentally left anyone off the list.